An ALL ANALOG bass overdrive pedal, the 4 ON THE FLOOR™, Classic Bass Overdrive pedal offers 4 separate “gears” so bassists can tailor and fine tune their creativity. The GENZLER AMPLIFICATION -- 4 ON THE FLOOR™, Classic Bass Overdrive pedal offers variable analog overdrive textures and harmonic content to SHIFT through, along with a clean blend feature. HPF and LPF controls are included to shape the overdrive engine’s signal path. This pedal offers touch sensitive asymmetrical and symmetrical overdrive characteristics, variations of compression and overdrive complexity, along with a true bypass. The versatility allows this pedal to be used as a clean boost, along with the various overdrive gears, up to all out heavy saturated drive. This pedal also offers another level of versatility as it accepts nearly any power supply; 9 – 18 Volts, either polarity. (Power supply sold separately). Drive Select “Gear” Descriptions:
1st GEAR: Reminiscent of a tube amp’s clean channel (including natural harmonics) with a bit of overdriven tone when driven hard. A nice “always-on” selection.
2nd GEAR: Emulates a tube amp’s mildly overdriven tone, with a small amount of dynamically compliant clipping asymmetry. This is a natural feeling, touch sensitive algorithm with very mild compression that responds with more texture and complexity, the harder you dig in.
3rd GEAR: A more aggressive up-shift from 2nd gear, this moderate, asymmetrical overdrive is less compliant, with greater compression for a tighter feel.
4th GEAR: This is the most aggressive gear of all — a heavier, symmetrical, low compliance overdrive that can enter distortion territory when driven hard. While there are a lot of harmonics and compression present, this gear does not give up tone or feel.
The 4 ON THE FLOOR™ Classic Bass Overdrive is an ALL ANALOG bass overdrive pedal that gracefully emulates 4 different overdrive types found in classic tube circuit topologies and then gives the player additional control over drive/gain, overdrive path (only) with high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the overdrive to fit with a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of induced excess noise. This versatile pedal can be used as a clean boost, an “always on” tonal enhancement, or offering varied overdrive textures to shift through, for selected performance requirements.
With the versatility in overdrive algorithms and tonal options, the 4-OTF-PEDAL is an excellent compliment to either of our MAGELLAN 350 or MAGELLAN 800 bass amps. Genzler 4-On-The-Floor Bass Guitar Overdrive Pedal Features
Genzler 4-On-The-Floor Bass Guitar Overdrive Pedal Specifications
- Lightweight Aluminum Chassis
- Rugged Stomp Switches
- Low-noise, Silent Switching Circuitry
- 4 Position Overdrive “Gear” Selector Switch
- High-Pass and Low-Pass Filters (Overdrive Engine Only)
- Parallel Clean Signal Path
- High/Low Drive Sensitivity Switch
- Accepts Power Supplies From 9VDC – 18VDC (low noise type), Either Polarity (auto detecting)
- Power Supply: 9VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity (auto-detecting), 40mA max (Power supply sold separately).
- Input Impedance: >1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Overdrive Engine Input HPF: 30Hz – 200hz
- Overdrive Engine Output LPF: 1kHz – 14kHz
- Input Sensitivity (nominal): -20dBu (high sensitivity), -10dBu (low sensitivity)
- Maximum Input Level: 0dBu (9V supply), +5dBu (12V supply), +10dBu (18V supply), high sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Input Level: +5dBu (9V supply), +12dBu (12V supply), +18dBu (18V supply), low sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Output Level: +9dBu (9V supply) +14dBu (12V supply), +20dBu (18V supply)
- Dimensions: 5” (127mm) W x 4.1” (104mm )D x 2.3” (59mm)H
- Weight: 1.1 lb (0.5kg)