The Kiaayo is based on the idea that less-is-more and provides a streamlined interface for an unlimited overdrive experience. Implementing a 3-knob layout, the Kiaayo offers an adaptable-gain configuration, distinctive pre-gain low-pass filter, and dynamic-asymmetrical clipping. The result is an amp-like overdrive that responds to the dynamics of your playing for sustained leads and articulate chording.
• Adaptable-gain configuration designed to make the Kiaayo the overdrive solution for a diverse range of instruments and musical styles.
• Pre-gain filter aimed to reduce aggressive harmonics which in-return provides a smooth and warmer overdrive experience.
• Independent volume, gain, and tone parameters to allow for total customization of overdrive tones.
• Asymmetrical clipping tuned to provide a dynamic tube-like response.
• 9-18VDC operation provides adjustable headroom for additional overdrive capabilities.
• Smart switching system to engage effect in either momentary or latching mode for expanded operational capability.
• Top-mounted instrument and power jacks designed to save and reduce pedalboard space.
• Buffered-bypass design that retains signal quality over any amount of cable length.
Power: 9-18VDC, 22mA (center negative)
Dimensions: 2.6''x4.77'' (W x L)
About the Artwork:
Kiaayo (key-eye-yo) pays tribute to my Blackfeet (Amsskaapipiikuni) heritage and is the Blackfeet translation meaning bear. Blackfeet tradition tells the story of a missing child who was found and raised by a bear. The bear was wise, imparting lessons of strength and fearlessness. Winter had passed, and the child grew into a young man. Using the knowledge that the bear had imparted; the young man overcame opposition and later became a great chief. The artwork for the Kiaayo features the wise and nurturing bear walking amongst the Glacier Mountain terrain of the Blackfeet Nation.
-Mike Trombley, Owner
Categories: Overdrive and Boost