One pedal, many amps, your tone! The RevivalDRIVE accurately delivers a wide range of British and American amp tones, from clean to fully cranked. Using all-analog components, Origin Effects managed to reproduce the sound and circuit behavior of these classics, all in a fully variable and controllable way. This means that you can use the RevivalDRIVE to nail the sound of a particular amp or recording, or you can mix and match the various properties of different amps to create your dream overdrive sound. Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Overdrive Pedal Features
- Dual Class-A preamp stages
- Phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages
- Built-in reactive speaker load
- Solid-state and valve-styled rectifier channels
- Preamp and bright cap voicing switches
- Dry/O.D. blend control
- Fully variable mid boost
- Powerful re-amp EQ
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- PSU Spec. 120mA @ 9V, centre-negative (PSU sold separately)
- Optional footswitch allows remote mid boost engage and dry blend override
- Designed and built in England
When it comes to overdrive, nothing comes close to the sound of a vintage non-master-volume valve amp. So when we set out to design the RevivalDRIVE, we began by looking not at other pedals but at amps.
Origin Effects listened to and analysed countless classic amps to figure what made them sound so good. Then we figured out how to reproduce not just one but all of those sounds in a pedal, with controls that would allow the player to precisely dial in each one – or to mix and match different elements to create something new. Real Amp Tones From Real Amp Circuit Behaviour
With the Cali76 compressor, we took the sound and response of the legendary Urei 1176 studio compressor and reproduced it in a pedal, following the same analogue circuit topology but adapting the components to work in pedal format. We’ve applied exactly the same approach to the RevivalDRIVE.
Using all-analogue components and replacing the valves with discrete transistor-based circuitry, we’re recreated every stage of the signal path you’d find inside a vintage valve amp. This includes not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load. Design Your Dream Overdriven Amp Tone
Accurately emulating valve amp circuit behaviour is just the start. The RevivalDRIVE’s intuitive controls let you play around with different elements of this circuit, effectively redesigning the amp as you go.
Change the preamp voicing and “bright capacitor” values to explore a range of British and American amp flavours. Rein in the low end for a lean and defined overdrive or push the bass into brutal distortion. Fine-tune the overdrive’s response to your picking dynamics. Goose up your tone with a mid boost, adjusted to just the right frequency, or blend your dry and overdriven signals together. True Amp-Like Playing Feel
Thanks to its unique design, the RevivalDRIVE is able to recreate aspects of real valve amp behaviour never previously captured in a pedal.
Valve and silicon rectifier channels let you experiment with different flavours of power amp sag, while the variable Ghost control recreates the “double tone” or “ghost note” effect encountered when cranking certain vintage amps, subtly thickening up solos.
Dual Class-A preamp stages offer realistic gain-staging and natural-sounding clipping, while the phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages provide a realistic tonal response, symmetrical harmonics, subtle crossover distortion and touch-sensitive drive characteristics.
Using a built-in reactive load, the pedal also models the interaction between a real valve output stage and a speaker cabinet, delivering amp-like feel and realistic harmonics. The Ultimate Fly-Rig Overdrive
Origin Effects built a range of EQ compensation features into the RevivalDRIVE to make sure it will sound great with whatever amp you’re using – even a flat-response power amp.
With most overdrives, the designers have voiced the pedal to work with their own favourite amp. If you happen to use something different, then you’re out of luck. You’re left with a sound that’s either too harsh or too muddy. Worse still, you can end up sacrificing the clean amp settings you want to use in order to accommodate the overdrive pedal.
With the RevivalDRIVE, there are no compromises.
*The optional front-panel filter controls take fine-tuning the pedal to the next level, with variable shelf and cut frequency controls and a fully adjustable secondary boost/cut EQ. Unrivalled Features, Amazing Flexibility
The RevivalDRIVE is packed with ingenious features and subtle touches designed to aid the player and increase flexibility.
A set of DIP switches at the rear allow you to turn the Valve Rectifier channel into a second Silicon Rectifier channel and toggle the simulated mains power supply between US and GB frequencies, altering the character of the ghost tones produced. When plugging into a flat-response power amp or PA, you can choose to make use of the RevivalDRIVE’s preamp-style tone-shaping even when the overdrive effect is bypassed.
Adding the optional footswitch (sold separately) lets you remotely trigger the fully variable mid boost to punch through the mix or override the Dry/O.D. blend control, instantly switching from a lower gain tone to full throttle.
In response to customer feedback, we have designed an affordable, add-on product to extend support to remote switching systems, whilst also expanding control to include the pedal’s onboard footswitch functions. For those using remote switching systems, you will need a specific accessory depending on the number of functions you intend to switch. CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Overdrive Pedal Specifications
- Channel Switch: Toggle between two identical sets of controls with two different rectifier options
- Volume: Adjusts input level for amount of overdrive
- Output: Overdrive and blended level
- Lows: Bass frequencies entering the clipping stages
- More|Pres: Reduces the power-stage’s negative feedback (CCW) or increases the presence (CW)
- Ghost: Adds sag and “ghost notes” to replicate the behaviour of inefficient amps of the ’50s and ’60s
- Blend: Mix in your unaffected signal for parallel amp and subtle drive effects
- Dry Gain: Cut or boost the blended dry signal
- Pre-Amp: Tonal recreations of classic amplifier preamps at the flick of a switch
- Bright-Cap: Add Blackface chime or Super Lead aggression just like on the real amps
- Re-Amp Eq: Three presets allow quick compatibility when plugging into Blackface, Plexi, and flat-response amps. Fine tune the top-end further with HI SHELF and BRI-CAP CUT trimmers
- Mid-Assign: Boost by up to +8dB from anywhere between 780Hz and 1.9kHz. Apply to either channel or toggle on/off anytime with the optional footswitch