For some USA locations - the shipping / packaging cost wil be lower than $18.50 USD. Please message me to confirm the s/p cost.
For some international locations - the shipping / packaging cost wil be lower than $58 USD. Please message me to confirm the s/p cost.
NOTE: International customers please contact me first to find out if there are any shipping / delivery suspensions for your country. A few countries affected are below - but there are more:
At this time - ALL mail services to RUSSIA are unavailable.
- Click on the ALERT tab in this link: usps.com/international/
- Also - this link has more info: click on the blue box VIEW THE SUSPENSIONS: about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm?_gl=1*niepl7*_ga*NDk5OTMyNjg0LjE2MzU3ODIwNTA.*_ga_3NXP3C8S9V*MTYzNjE1NDYzMC4zLjEuMTYzNjE1NDczMS4w%20In%20the%20above%20link-%20click%20on%20the%20blue%20box%20VIEW%20THE%20SUSPENSIONS
This listing is for a used (light average wear) Visual Sound Route 66 Overdrive / Compression effect pedal original version (first version of the original model). Version 1.0.NOTE: version 1.1 and the version 2 model Route 66 pedals have the addition of the TONE CONTROL (on / off) switch.
- The pedal for sale in this listing (which is version 1.0) does NOT have this feature.
NOTE: Normally you can use this model pedal with a battery - as well as with an adaptor. But for some reason (which I do not know) - it does NOT work with battery (again not sure why - especially because the battery clip is attached to the circuit board and the battery clip itself looks fine).
- Therefore - I am including a used Lightly used HPRO(Harmon Pro Group) power supply (adaptor) - 9v, 300 mA, negative center. $7 less if you do not need the adaptor. Please make an offer with a message staying this. You can also message me if you prefer that these details be edited in listing.
- By the way this is a common problem with the first version (1.0 and 1.1) Visual Sound pedals like this model -- [as well a the H2O and Jekyll & Hyde. These pedals are NOT included]. Again not sure why. In the past (on other version 1 Visual Sound pedals) I have even replaced the battery clip with no success of getting the pedal(s) to work with a battery. And I have even re-soldered contact points for some components.
- Version 1 Visual Sound pedal are NOT under warranty with VS. But you can always contact Visual Sound (now called Truetone) to arrange for a repair to get this issue fixed (that is if you really want to use it with a battery).
- Again works fine with an adaptor.
NOTE: MISSING the original rubber feet.
- BUT A NEW SET OF BLACK RUBBER FEET ARE INCLUDED. If you plan to use this pedal on a pedal board then this will not really be an issue. But if are not going to put this pedal on a peal board - then without the feet - the screw for the battery compartment cover will scratch things (like your floor, table, etc) and the bottom side of the pedal it can get more scratches, etc.
- NOTE: the design of the battery cover (especially the screw that attaches the battery cover to the pedal) requires you to have high feet on the bottom plate (Which - as I just stated and as you can see in two of the pictures - are provided).
*** I am also including one new set of D'Addario EXL-110 light (gauge 10) electric guitar strings. Please let me know if you prefer D'Addario EXL-120 extra light (gauge 9) strings instead of the gauge 10 strings ***
The selling price will be $3 less if you do not want the strings. Please make an offer with a message staying this. You can also message me if you prefer that these details be edited in listing.
Sorry NO box and NO paperwork.
I am not sure of the exact year of this particular pedal for sale. But this this model pedal was first made / first introduced in 1999 (so most likely it is from 1999 or from the very early 2000s).
The pedal was tested and it works fine with an adaptor. HOWEVER - it has an issue of NOT being able to power with a 9v battery.
Using REVERB's condition criteria - I put its condition as GOOD. But personally - I feel - that cosmetically - is in between Good and Very Good (esp for an older used pedal). Your opinion might differ.
This pedal was used and it is over 20 years old - therefore light average wear (some people might feel that it has average wear). It has the typical wear of a pedal that has been used and is several years old (but nothing too extreme): each side has scratches, nicks, chips, aging. Some side have more or less wear than other sides.
The white line on each knob has aged an is now kind of yellow (or off white). CONTROLS:
- Vol (volume)
- Bass Boost (On/Off) As you can see in the pictures -- for the first version of the original model VD RT 66 - this switch is on the right side of the pedal (on the compression side). But it works with the Overdrive.
CompressionThe jacks are:
IN, OUT, powerThe power supply was tested and works fine. It is lightly used - it has a few not too serious - but visible - cosmetic imperfections.
I took pictures of all sides of the pedal. There are a couple pictures of the power supply. And the first pictures shows what it comes with. Please message me if you only want to buy the pedal or if you would like to buy the pedal with certain items presented or mentioned in this listing. .
NOTE: There may be some imperfections that I overlooked. There are some imperfections that can be seen in person that do not appear in the pictures. And - there maybe some imperfections show up in the pictures that are not that visible in person (like glares and dust specks.
- Comes from a smoke free and pet free environment
- Feel Free to ask questions.
- Will discount shipping on combined purchases!!
- USA shipping is with USPS Priority Mail (with tracking)
- International shipping is with USPS First Class Mail International (with tracking)
CA Prop 65 Warning!
Everything sold into the state of California contains agents known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects, reproductive harm, or other, as yet unnamed, harm to its citizenry.
the following is information on this model pedal - Visual Sound Route 66 Version 1.0 (original version) first version of the original model.
- Route 66 American Overdrive is sure to become as legendary as its namesake. With classic compression combined with classic overdrive modeled after the sound of the original TS-808 Tubescreamer (JRC4558 chip and all!), the Route 66 pedal gives you two great effects for the price of one.
- The two effects sound great on their own and can also be combined to compliment one another. In fact, probably the only complaints about the original Tubescreamer was that it did not have much sustain or bottom end. That won't be a problem with Route 66. Just combine the overdrive side with the compression side to get all the sustain you want.
- Add the Overdrive (OD) Bass Boost and give it that big cabinet sound.
- If you love the clean sound of your guitar and amp, but just want a clean boost, kick in the compressor with the Gain knob up a bit.
- We've added a pre-amp stage to the compressor to allow for a truckload of gain, with or without overdrive.
- Using Route 66 American Overdrive with a good tube amp is sure to make it sing! Classic.
- Overdrive and Compression on two separate channels with individual tone controls.
- Overdrive channel sounds like the original TS808 and even uses the JRC4558 op-amp.
- Unique overdrive bass boost switch.
- Compression channel can be set for fully squashed "Nashville" sound or very subtle compression.
- Compressor also has an integrated pre-amp controlled by a Gain knob so you can get loads of clean gain without overdrive!
- Combine the channels to heat up leads.